The military museum is a testimony to those who served Dorchester and Dorset over three centuries. The Keep Museum has displays and holds interactive presentations that show the medal and equipment displays and represent the field of battle.
The Keep Military Museum is situated on the main road heading towards Bridport and is an easy landmark to spot. Designed to look like a Norman Castle and built out of local stone from Portland, construction was finished in 1879.
Originally a gatehouse for the Depot Barracks of the Dorsetshire Regiment and it also served as the County Armoury.
The museum is open six days a week through the spring and summer and closed on Sundays, during the winter the museum is also closed on Mondays.